Skip to content Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer


Please submit all Permits to the RM office: [email protected] or by mail to RM of Mervin No. 499, Box 130, Turtleford SK, S0m 2Y0


Development and Building Permits:

Permits are required for all residential and commercial structures over 100 sq/ft. Bunkhouses regardless of size are required to have an approved development and building permit.

Development Permits are used to ensure that the development meets all of the zoning bylaw requirements such as the type of building that is proposed and to ensure that it meets the required setbacks.

Development Permit

Building Permits are used to ensure that the construction of the building will meet the requirements of the Construction Codes Act. Each building permit will be referred to one of the RM approved building officials. The building official will then determine the inspection requirements and provide the RM with an inspection plan, signed building permit, and an inspection invoice. Invoices must be paid in advance in order for the RM to release the approved permits and inspection plan.

Building Permit

Recreational Vehicle Permits: The RM of Mervin requires both the RV Development Permit & Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to be completed and submitted for any lot that does not have an existing dwelling (i.e., cabin, house) that meets the requirements stated in the respective zoning district. This also applies to all locations with an existing RV on site. Applications for more than one (1) RV is not allowed.

RV Development Permit & MoU

Subdivision Applications are referred to the R.M. for approval by the Government of Saskatchewan Community Planning Branch. The R.M. of Mervin’s OCP and Zoning Bylaw regulate if and when land can be subdivided within the R.M. of Mervin. Outlined within the Zoning Bylaw are specific zoning districts that have specific regulations for subdivisions.

Subdivision Application

Demolition permits are required for the demolition and removal of any building in the R.M. of Mervin. Applicants should contact the R.M. office for further information.

Demolition Permit

Moving Permits are only applicable if the origin or destination falls within the R.M. of Mervin.

Moving Permit