New Building Bylaw 2022-21
Pursuant to the Construction Codes Act, the R.M. of Mervin No. 499 has a legal obligation to enforce and administer the Act through the adoption of a Building Bylaw for the health, safety or welfare of persons. Effective January 16, 2023, the R.M. of Mervin has adopted Bylaw No. 2022-21, known as the Building Bylaw, which requires the following:
- Completion of applicable permit(s): Building Permit, Removal; Demolition Permit
- One or more of the above permits are required for all residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- New primary farm residences will be required to complete a Building Permit and be inspected by a Building Inspector.
- Prepayment of Required Building Inspections to the R.M. of Mervin in order to have permit approved.
- Inspections from the R.M. of Mervin’s Building Inspector.
Ratepayers should be aware that the requirements of a building permit also requires the submission of a Development Permit, Survey Sketch Plan, and subsequent Real Property Surveyor’s Report (if required) to ensure that the location and intent of the development meets with the surrounding land uses. The Building Permit is to ensure that the physical construction meets the National Building Code Standards for public safety.